Chocolate cakes are the best cakes because they are made with two of the best things in the world- chocolate and cake! And, what happens when luscious chocolate cream meets salted caramel- food coma!!
Great news for you guys, after searching and trying out so many recipes, I have found a foolproof, yummylicious and vegetarian chocolate cake recipe right here on this incredible blog Carve Your Craving. Last year, Khushboo, the amazing blogger behind Carve Your Craving, let us in her amazing recipe of her Salted Caramel Death By Chocolate Cake, which has been my inspiration for this Chocolaty Caramelly Jar Cake. This cake is the answer to everything, no matter what the question is! You can trust me! You can find Khushboo’s original recipe here. My slightly tweaked version is right below.
P.s: It tastes heavenly when you warm it in the microwave for a minute before eating. Enjoy 🙂
SALTED CARAMEL DEATH BY CHOCOLATE JAR CAKE
Source: Carve Your Craving
Serving: 4 Jar Cakes
- 1+1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 gm Amul milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 250 ml Amul fresh cream
- 1 tbsp butter
Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 150 ml Amul fresh cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- For the ganache, bring the cream to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour it over the chocolate. Cover it and let it sit for a few seconds.
- Start mixing it slowly till it’s blended well. Stir in the butter.
- You can leave it overnight to thicken (no need to freeze).
- For the salted caramel sauce, bring the cream to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- In another pan, heat the sugar, water and honey over high heat, without stirring. It’ll start boiling and turn amber in 5-6 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and slowly add the hot cream while stirring constantly, till there are no lumps left.
- Switch off the heat and stir in the butter, vanilla extract and a pinch of sea salt. Let it cool.
- For the cake, preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease 4 cake tins (Since, I am not very good at slicing the cake in halves; you can do it in 2 tins or even in a single one too! In that case, the cake would take slightly more time to bake).
- Sieve and mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Always sieve from a height for a tender crumb.
- Pour the liquid ingredients in the dry ingredients and mix well but, do not over-mix.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Let them cool.
- When you are ready to serve, arrange a layer of chocolate cake in each of the glasses or jars and top with a layer of chocolate ganache and salted caramel each. Repeat again.
- Sprinkle some sea salt on top (optional).