True. Seasons change. So will this one. And, so will the next. Just be patient. Everything will pass. Time will heal every wound. Till then, let’s try to appreciate this very moment and welcome this autumn with what it’s known for….Apple Pies! But, we don’t do things the ‘normal’ way here, do we? So, how about an Apple Pie Cheesecake instead, bathed in golden gingerbread glory…..and you will enjoy this combination, I KNOW YOU WILL. Not just apples with ginger, but also, your life’s pains with all the pleasures. Now, smile 🙂
We are in this together!
APPLE PIE CHEESECAKE WITH GINGERBREAD CARAMEL
Serving: 1 Mini Cheesecake
- 50 gm digestive biscuits
- 50 gm fresh paneer or cottage cheese
- 1/4 tbsp ghee
- 1 medium sized apple
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Molten jaggery or honey
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp sugar or jaggery
- 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp honey
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Pulse the biscuits and ghee together in a food processor.
- Press the biscuit mixture against the base and walls of a mini tart pan to make the crust.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes and let it cool.
- Puree the paneer and apple into a smooth paste.
- Add the cinnamon to it and balance the sweetness with some molten jaggery or honey.
- Pour this mixture on the baked crust and smoothen it.
- Bake the tart at 180 C, for 45-50 minutes or till the top turns slightly golden.
- And, now the most important step: licking the bowl and spoon 😀 (not optional!)
- Refrigerate the tart for a few minutes before serving.
- For the caramel, heat the sugar, water and honey in a pan on high flame, without stirring.
- When the color of the contents changes to amber, bring down the heat to low and add the cream and ginger to the pan while stirring continuously till no lumps remain.
- Take the pan off heat and whisk in the butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour on the tart and serve!