So…earlier this month when my Apple Pie Cheesecake and Gingerbread Caramel became social media hits, I decided to take a break from social media itself! Why? Because the next morning, I woke up with my phone buzzing with 500 requests on Facebook, 98 Instagram notifications and more than 50 private messages. Seems like a nice promotional start for a blogger, right? Of course it is! But, it is also a BIG PAIN IN THE B!!
Don’t take me the wrong way! You! Right there! Reading this! I am really grateful for your love and you are a big part of my support system. You are the reason behind this blog! You are the reason why I cut short my 4 week break to 4 days! So, I guess this is my life now….I couldn’t stay away from this ghost of an internet even for a week!
And, don’t get me started on what ‘Sorry, I am busy!’ has done to my personal life! I am naming this year as ‘the year of losing people’. 1000 ‘friends’ on social media and barely a real buddy left in the actual world 😦
In the end, the best solution I came up with was to uninstall Facebook from my phone and limit my interaction only to my Facebook page and only once a day! I couldn’t do it to Instagram though. Baby steps okay! (Yeah…that’s never happening 😛)
My signature Gingerbread Caramel embedded in my mind during this entire process and the urge to make puff pastry (baking is therapy for me, remember?) led me into making these beautiful fall delights- Apple and Coconut Hand Pies, where I bathed the diced apples and grated coconut in the caramel, sandwiched the filling between two pieces of puff pastry dough, brushed a little butter on the pie bellies and baked them in my tandoor oven at 200 C for 15 minutes.
The result? Have a look!
Now, its your turn to enjoy these golden lovelies!
P.s. I am taking part in this amazing Recipe Exchange Project called Sharing Is Caring, hosted by the lovely Esmé Slabbert of Cook And Enjoy Recipes aka The Recipe Hunter! All my fellow food bloggers, this is a great chance to discover and get discovered for your talent! Please don’t miss this opportunity! Click here to read more about this program!
Happy Baking 🙂
APPLE, COCONUT & GINGERBREAD CARAMEL HAND PIES
Serving: 3 large hand pies
- 1 medium sized apple, diced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated coconut
- Gingerbread caramel, recipe
- Half puff pastry dough, easy recipe from Vah Reh Vah
- Butter, melted
- Granulated sugar, optional
- Toss the apples and coconut in the caramel.
- Roll the pastry dough and cut out 6 equal circles.
- Make cuts on 3 of the circles.
- Spoon some apple filling on the circles without the cuts and cover them with the circles with the cuts.
- Crimp and close the edges of the pies with a fork.
- Brush some butter on the pies and sprinkle some sugar on top.
- Bake in a tandoor oven at 200 C for 15 minutes or in a regular oven, preheated at 200 C for 25 minutes or till the pies puff up and turn golden.
- Let the pies cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy 🙂