Presenting to you, the easiest way to make mouth-watering Indian style cheesy pasta in a jiffy! If this isn’t the TASTIEST homemade pasta you’ve ever had, I am ready to change my name to abracadabra 😀
If you’re wondering why I am in so much hurry today and why is this post two days early, let me tell you that I am going on a VACATION! Guess where! GOAAAA babyyyy 😀 😀 😀
And, yes, I’ll be telling you all about it in my next post as soon as I return!! Can’t wait till then? Then follow me on my trip via Instagram!
P.s. you’re welcome to suggest me some must-visit places (especially food joints!) in the comments below!
See you later, alligator 😀
TANDOORI MAC N CHEESE
- 1/2 cup uncooked macaroni
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup diced processed cheese
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 cardamom flavored rusk toasts, crushed
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp kasoori methi
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the macaroni and set it aside.
- Mix the crushed toasts with kasoori methi and 1 tsp butter and set it aside.
- In a pan, heat the oil and melt the remaining butter on medium heat.
- Fry the garlic in it till it gets golden.
- Add the onions and cook till they are soft and translucent.
- Now, add all the spices in the pan and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the flour and roast this mixture for 2 minutes.
- Pour the warm milk to the pan and whisk till no lumps remain.
- When the mixture thickens slightly, season it with some salt and pepper.
- Immediately, take the pan off heat and stir in the cheese.
- Keep stirring till the cheese melts.
- Add the cooked macaroni in the cheese sauce and mix.
- Transfer this mixture to a greased tin and top with the rusk crumbs.
- Bake in a tandoor oven at 180 C for 7 minutes or in a regular oven which has been preheated to 180 C, for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.